#104 [random] Not all graffiti lacks purpose.

Random thought:

I hate how 1/8th of a beer for me = 900 seconds of urination.

-

Okay I lied-- maybe most of it does if you remember that other post I made about graffiti a while ago when I still updated my blog on more than a yearly basis. There's this building they're erecting near campus though that has some thought provoking graffiti all over the walls.

I lied again.




Some of the pictures made me think as I walked on by ... I don't know. Deep down in this vanity obsessed, loving society there are low-lives who apparently like to tag inspirational thoughts and sayings on public property. I know that's a little bit of a paradox, but at least their hearts are in the right place, right? At least, these scrawled words of wisdom are better than the tweets of Lady Gaga, right??! Oh, probably not, but I can certainly dream anyway.





I swear, these do get slightly more inspirational.

I love how in this next one, our spray painter decided to opt out in using traditional black spray paint, and instead decided to use blood or some kind of blood-like substance.



It was a very sophisticated touch.



All these really make me wonder with the first picture I took, "Not All graffiti lacks purpose." I think the person who honestly believed this, and tagged this wall full of blood and ass pirates, seriously decided to write this on the wrong wall. I was a lot happier not walking by these inspirational walls on my way to campus every morning. If anything, they reminded me of the movie Billy Madison where Billy talks about the puppy and how it related to industrialization toward the end:



Oh well, at least someone nailed one right.



And it's a little off topic, but this is great:

Comments

Anonymous said…
I used to read your blog all the time, and old soul from Tibia I'm not sure how I discovered it but it was very entertaining back in the day.

This could go somewhere, if you get a good fan base. You should keep at it.
dave said…
Hey, thanks anonymous. :)

I know I have a decent sense of humor, but it's so hard! A lot of the old posts were made before I was in university, and now in the middle of it's extremely hard to keep this updated. ;p