#47 [random] DAMN YOU NOSTALGIAAAA. DAMN YOUUUUU.

Random thought:

Ah skinned knees, it's nice to be reacquainted with you again.

-

2006! Time goes by too fast.

I rediscovered this little slip of paper while massively cleaning the hell out of my room yesterday, it's a ticket the owner from The Comic Strip apparently gave to me anywhere between October 23rd - 30th way back in 2006. He came in while I was still working at my old job and I had him in absolute hysterics just talking about everyday life. He introduced himself as the owner of this comedy club and told me to drop by during amateur night sometime to perform as he was extremely impressed by with how sharp I was with wits and fast with rebuttals I was on my feet. I had no idea who he was and to be frank still don't, but he wrote down on the back of the ticket (ironically) their blog website also. I never even visited the website until today; not that there's much there to read about. I learned a little bit about how amateur nights have themes which I didn't know about at the time [superheros, beater cars being a recent few] which I thought is a bit lame.. it'd be much better if you could just write up something yourself and perform, but I suppose that keeps everything fresh and stops people who pay for tickets two nights in a row in seeing the same performance. I made mention of it as I sometimes do in my usual MSN names back then, told some friends and they all told me to try out. They all said I could nail it as I'm one of the funnier, if not funniest people they've ever run into. I thought along the same lines, humor just comes so natural to me, yet..

I never went.

I told myself I'd check it out the weekend after he gave me the ticket. I was planning to force myself just due to the sheer fact not everyday the owner of a comedy club walks in and invites you to perform, for free, he thinks you're that good. I said to everyone I'd try it out because I know it's something I can do with relative ease. The whole reason I started this whole blog thing was to see when and if my mind stopped being creative. I see irony and humor in EVERYTHING, it's just a natural knee jerk reaction. I have six drafts which aren't finished ahead of this one and have written 47 entries so far, many containing so much content it could rival most modern college essays. I don't really fear bombing or being too offensive.. or being heckled and blowing up like Kramer did or being knifed after the show since I might actually blow up like Kramer did, yet..

I still didn't go!

I tell myself it's probably because it's very easy for me to notice irony and humor in really, everyday life. Maybe I'm comparable to one of those observational humorists but I'd like to think my creativity and humor stretches far beyond mental notes we've all taken about those damned airline peanuts and TV tray dinners. I tell myself because of that exact sporadic sense of humor it's hard for me to sit down and write something such as a routine a comic usually bases an entire act upon [vacation, graduation, school, men, women] and again, I think I'm beyond joking about all those women & marriage
clichés. I've never actually tried writing out an act, I just immediately chalk it up to thinking it can't be done. Despite knowing once someone gives me a theme my mind runs away with it in about thirty different directions over analyzing it in thirty more, yet..

I DON'T GO.

I tell myself it's partially because I wouldn't be interested in a career in comedy if I did take off or somehow become immensely popular on stage. I'm studying hard for something better and although I like making people laugh, I don't think it's something I'd want to do for the next 60 years.. let alone three weeks as a job. I watched Bob Newhart on The Hour about a week ago and he said his very first show in Vegas where he was booked every night for two weeks was the worst experience he ever had in his life and career. The whole two weeks he never was given even one laugh, the receptionist that booked him didn't even know who he was (this was during the peak of his sitcom popularity) when he first arrived there. After the two weeks had ended he said he walked away with a lesson and never learned to fear crowds once again, citing it was good in retrospect he had that experience before the pinnacle (if that ever happened) of his career took off. I THINK ALONG THE SAME LINES. I JUST WANT TO GET UP THERE AND TRY ONCE to see how it goes since life is short, yet..

I STILL DON'T GO. AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY.

I suck so much sometimes.

[off topic]:

I found this cool:

I wish I could walk around in pencil all the time.

Well the sketch of me cool, anyway.
Not how my hair looks like it's vaguely having sex with the plant behind me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
gahhaa you're such a pansy!
dave said…
YEAH WELL. I STILL RETAIN THE FACT I'M SUPERIOR IN EVERYTHING ELSE.

(p.s - why use a fake name? you just opened my damn site through my own msn window you jerk). ;p
Anonymous said…
i agree in everything above you sir, is a pansysauros