#75 [random] I wonder what it is about the Olympics..

Random thought:

It's hard to believe Bush has a sense of humor sometimes. ;D

& If you have .. 21:01 to kill, you should download this episode of South Park.
(DivX required!) and wow so many links. I hate when people do that.

South Park is brilliant.

It isn't exactly funny but it's an excellent satire of the Mormon religion.

-

That attract people to watch them..?

I mean, I'd never watch an NBA game I knew was going to suck in advance. In my eyes anything basketball except the NBA playoffs is horrendously boring -- even the playoffs are still mildly boring. I was pretty much imbued with hockey and baseball in my blood. Footballs okay.. point being though, if I know sports are going to suck watching them I wouldn't ever watch them in the first place. And yet I watched field hockey between Canada and Australia yesterday, an even more intense badminton match between Canada and China which followed and right now I'm watching male synchronized 10m platform diving. WHY CAN'T I TURN THIS OFF?! I also watched male gymnastics earlier. This made me feel full of shame, more so since it unhatched forgotten memories that my mom used to have me enrolled in gymnastics. Fortunately, my dad wanted me to grow up straight so he took me the hell out of it as quickly as he could but unfortunately, the scar of once being enrolled in them still remains. Man. Thank God for my dad. My mom had me in figure skating, male gymnastics and piano lessons when I was younger. What the hell was she trying to do to me!? My dad switched me into hockey, baseball and sharpshooting. The fact I can shoot out the middle of a target from 200 feet makes me feel quite confident. The fact I can also perform a double sow cow does not.

I love the loyalty though displayed by the fans there. During the Canada/Chinese match even though it was badminton there was probably **500 people in the audience behind them cheering their hearts out. Part of me thought, those are some pretty damn loyal fans. The other part of me wondered though.. just how many in the audience were actually related to the Chinese girl. And that itself was an anomaly while I'm mindlessly stereotyping. Despite what some can think it's IMPOSSIBLE for a Chinese/Japanese girl to be ugly. They just have this instant hotness thing going on for them, at least until they're middle age. Then it seems to go downhill like crazy. The one
badminton girl ("L Lu")(?) looked very masculine for a girl. Or very feminine for a man. I'm still not quite sure about what gender it was yet. And yes, I'm aware of the irony now about bashing feminine men. I used to figure skate. I KNOW. TRUST ME. I KNOW GUYS.

**[edit]: The 500 people were possibly because of this, reading the news today. I knew that place looked packed to hell. We're talking BADMINTON people. Badminton.

I love all the superstitions of the athletes at the games. I was watching women baseball earlier and they were interviewing a few of the girls during the pre-game warm up. One of them said she always wears the same socks -- another also said before each game she counts down from ten so she can be less relaxed. That reminded me of how a few days ago there was a baby born on the eighth.. considering the date, that would have meant she was born on the eighth day, of the eighth month, of 2008. If that wasn't coincidental enough she was born at 8:08 AM in the morning weighing in at 8 pounds and 8 ounces. At least the dad had a sense of humor about it, quipping towards the end after being asked by the media if he should try his luck at the lottery;
“I just might,” he said. “If nothing else, with four children I should probably play the lottery.”

If people think the baby born on 08/08/08 at 8:08 AM is a human kind of rabbit foot, I'd love to see what happens to the kid who was born on 06/06/06 in another twenty years. $20 says he'll grow up to make the second person in history to ever be crucified.

Bless you, you radical religious pundits. /tips hat.

hmm, on that violence note I stumbled upon this as well. I'm not sure if anyone knows off the top of their head but this is the current logo of the 2008 Beijing games.

It looks a little different than past logo's.. but, hey, it works:

I wonder if anyone even reads the witty captions I put here? Oh, if not..

That alone amazes me sometimes of the depth of imagination and creativity some people have. Not to honk my own horn here but I consider myself PRETTY DAMN CREATIVE.. yet, when I see the logo above I don't think about how a few days before the Olympics kicked off this year 16 police offers were killed which cited all kinds of fear mongering from political activists citing that these Olympics might turn out to be the next Munich. I just see a guy, in a pose, quite reminiscent to a pose someone would have if they just won the 200M dash or something. Maybe, though, I see that imagery because I'm not from Tibet. I can't imagine people view it much differently though.

I stumbled upon this earlier which may or may not be where they pooled the inspiration from in designing the logo above. I highly suspect the animator originates from Tibet.

You have to admit though, it is pretty creative.

I won't lie, it made me grin a bit.

I wonder if they just have some kind of bed of spikes in hell reserved for me by now?

I can't imagine spiritually there's anywhere else once I die I'll end up.

Comments

arisa said…
this post actually made me laugh out loud. good job!
dave said…
so i've tried to figure out how to respond to that for a while now. i very lamely came up with "thanks" and "at least hell won't be so lonely now".

i take back that part where i wrote i'm PRETTY DAMN CREATIVE.
Anonymous said…
$20 says he'll grow up to make the second person in history to ever be crucified.

i may be dumb sometimes but i really think that jesus wasnt the only person that got crusified around that time
dave said…
you're probably right! i imagine that was a pretty popular method of execution back in those days.

hmm.. kinda makes me wanna have sex with the guy who invented the handcuffs.

but i'll edit it later to the second person *who mattered to be crucified?!
Anonymous said…
Hey, you're only gay if you take it in the ass. so go for it!