#72 [random] Dear Jesus (part two).

Random thought:

I wonder if anyone throws around less 10's than me on their IMDB vote histories?

-

I'm under the assumption you found my letter addressed to you insulting yesterday which is why I almost killed everyone here tonight. I hit Blockbuster before heading home from work today and rented Vantage Point. A little off topic: it ended up being pretty good. Anyway. I was snug in my bed (not basement floor!) watching it when around 3:30 AM one of my roommates kicked down the door. "Dave, Dave! Get the hell out of bed now and out of the house. There's a gas leak in the basement or something!"

I could hear the tension and fear as his voice cracked and from there determined it wasn't just an elaborate plot to get me to try to run outside half naked, but we ran out anyway. Downstairs one of the pipes was squealing like a kettle does when it's near finished boiling water, just about ten times louder. He complained he couldn't breathe so we waited outside unaware of just what exactly to do in the situation the letter to Jesus probably placed directly on my lap. Do you call the police? How do you say hey, my house might explode and take out all the neighbors at any second, please come help?

Well, we went downstairs after a few minutes of idly talking about nothing. We carefully walked downstairs as the
squealing became louder and louder audibly and eventually noticed the offending pipe, was both connected to the gas meters and behind the dryer leading outside. He climbed up on top of the dryer while I checked the pipes beneath it. The squealing became even louder as we tapped the pipes trying to locate just exactly where the leak was coming from. I can honestly say my mind was split with ".. is this it?" thoughts, ".. am I going to be the next Darwin Award?" while running off adrenaline. My heart was beating like crazy and you could tell he was visibly shaken up. His voice still buckled, his fingers not so nimble and almost shaking. I kept my calm for the most part, though I really did keep thinking "this is it... any second now."

The
squealing became even louder. He complained it was getting harder to breathe, though I think now he was just in the middle of a mild panic attack or something as I didn't have any problems myself. I called one of my friends asking if knew what was going on and he told me to get out of the house since he had no idea. Gahhh.

The
squealing was almost deafening by this point. I hung up and a light bulb literally went off above my head. (I was standing right below one when he turned on the other basement lights.) "hold on" I shouted, "I'll be right back" and ran outside. And everyone's tension was immediately relieved when I shouted back down to them..

"I'm an idiot."

See, I rollerbladed to work this evening. I stuffed my work shirt, some course notes, wallet among other things in a backpack and left. On my way home as I said I decided to rent Vantage Point - but I also bought a coke. I opened it in Blockbuster, took a drink and threw that in my backpack as well only to realize upon coming home I didn't actually put the cap on tight enough so it leaked all over everything. I threw my shirt in the wash, tried to wash my wallet, credit/debit cards etc in the sink/with paper towel as best I could so they wouldn't stay sticky and took my backpack out to the backyard and sprayed it inside out with the hose. And apparently, I left the water hose running which after 5-6 hours causes it to squeal like a gas leak. I could only repeat:
"I'm an idiot" once I realized I was the direct cause of our "near death" experience earlier tonight.

I know I'm pushing my luck even further writing this but, know what?

I still hate you and organized religion God.

Comments

arisa said…
WEIRD. i totally spilled my strawberry tea in my backpack last night.

i'm pretty sure my film in my camera is fucked.
dave said…
Ironically luck (God?) was at least on my side there. I usually take my camera, cellphone and sometimes a few other electronics with me but for some reason I took all them out and left them on my desk before leaving to work that day. So all that was really leaked on was.. course notes, pretty much my shirt and wallet and that was actually it.

Though maybe he wasn't completely on my side.. washing it out there was this yellow paper that sort of turned into mush from the hose. I just figured it was one of the packs of Stride gum I sometimes buy so I threw it out, only to realize upon waking up I think it was a $100 bill. They paid me $700 to work there a week (38 hours!) and I only have $600 in the envelope they put it in. ;D
Anonymous said…
What the fuck man!
giving that 70's show a 2 and giving shrek 2 and 3 (which sucked tremendusly (spelling)) 5?
the rest sure :P
dave said…
Almost everyone cast wise drives me nuts they're all SUPER annoying. Fez(?), Donna, Eric, I don't even know who Ashton and Mila play, the mom. I hate them all.

Except .. Red? And the guy with the afro, they're pretty tolerable.

ASHTON KUTCHER THOUGH = DEATH.
Anonymous said…
That doesnt mean shrek 2 and 3(<--especially) was any better!
dave said…
actually, i think you're right. they did suck, but they did have their moments. which is i guess when i feel compelled to give something a 5. ashton kutcher is the most annoying piece of shit on this planet :P i can't, for the most part, like anything he's in.