#71 [random] Dear Jesus.

Random thought:

*hsus dave says (11:48 PM):

i need to regain some of my masculinity back anyway by belittling someone. at work earlier one of the girls was going to run to the store and she asked me if i wanted her to pick me up anything, so i said yes. actually. and told her to buy [ ... ] and when she came back, infront of a few people i was talking to she was like.
*hsus dave says (11:49 PM):
shannon: here dave! i picked up that dove moisturizer you wanted.
shannon: and those vanilla air fresheners
matt: say what?
dave: she meant to say, she picked me up that.. assault rifle i wanted
dave: and bullets so this weekend i can go out camping and take the souls of animals
shannon: ... nope. moisturizer and air fresheners.
shannon: OH i get it now
shannon: there's totally a gun in this bag
dave: you're killing me
Voltfest says (11:50 PM):
lol
Voltfest says (11:50 PM):
and you relate to me that you are buying moistriser
*hsus dave says (11:50 PM):
i blame the girls at work since they brought it in and one day i used it on my way home. and since then, have been secretly buying it.
Voltfest says (11:51 PM):
lol
*hsus dave says (11:51 PM):
it's very effective! but doesn't make your skin disturbingly smooth!
Voltfest says (11:51 PM):
you can't justify buying hand lotion
Voltfest says (11:51 PM):
sorry
*hsus dave says (11:52 PM):
actually. it's cream oil intensive body lotion.

bitch.
Voltfest says (11:53 PM):
... do you actually think that tipped the scale of what little arguement you could make?
*hsus dave says (11:53 PM):
lol
*hsus dave says (11:53 PM):
IT COULD HAVE
Voltfest says (11:54 PM):
no. no.
*hsus dave says (11:54 PM):
there's a pretty masculine drawing of a rain drop on this bottle.
Voltfest says (11:54 PM):
lol
*hsus dave says (11:54 PM):
.. below the dove.
Voltfest says (11:54 PM):
on the pink/cream bottle
*hsus dave says (11:54 PM):
:D white. at least i'm safe there.

Feminine alcohol, feminine creams.. I guess the next thing I'll buy is tampons.

(The above picture features a cameo by an appropriately named book...)

-

I know in theory I haven't been the best Christian during my lifetime and for that I offer this open and humble apology seeking your possible forgiveness and hopefully someday if all is neutralized, my rightful secured place in heaven where I can reminisce with and about all my friends and family. I know at times I can be a handful, a little risqué
, a little offensive, flat out blasphemous, vain, abrasive, masochistic.. stubborn, chauvinist, rather articulate, that alpha male everyone loves to hate (or hates to love), ignorant, sexist, cynical and sarcastic to supervillain proportions and probably you're literal demonic spiritual equal who will end up one day in the afterlife squaring off against you toe to toe if and when the rapture rains down on humanity. That doesn't mean however my independence and personality has been solely shaped because of your lack of guidance in my life (although in reality it probably has)! I think I've turned out to be the person life has shaped me as because I have a very hard time falling within the lines of "normal" -- between the lines of conformity if you will. I've just always had that outlook on life where I would make my own footprints not follow behind someone elses! I sort of see Christianity as an endless parade of brainwashed soldiers, blindly marching towards a future which everyone around them who doesn't have clouded judgment is skeptical of.

We live in the blind faith era and just because Christianity has an estimated two billion (?) followers that isn't enough for me to confide my complete faith into you or religion as a whole. Big numbers usually mean nothing. A lot of people believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster (church)! On a personal level between me and you - it takes a lot more than grilled cheese sandwiches that bare the Virgin Mary's imprint to convince me of your ominous (albeit) secretive presence in our otherwise dreary world. Work on your modern day aspirations and visions, will you God?! And stop appearing before rednecks, they just make it harder to believe you are in occasional contact with mankind.

I had the opportunity this last Christmas to attend a sermon held by my own mother. It was quite an interesting experience. I haven't visited you in Church since I was maybe.. eleven, or twelve years old. I completely abandoned going during my youth and continued that decision well on after it. I will admit however the happiest I've ever felt in my life was back before I strayed away from Christianity. Everyday still felt "new' and fresh, like it was a new experience. It felt as if I had a purpose. A lot of time has passed and although I wouldn't call myself a full blown atheist yet but instead a muddled agnostic -- I have for the most part no matter what you label me as rejected the concept of faith, more so the concept of a spiritual afterlife. I have come to believe Darwin's theory of evolution is more sound than the hundreds of different religions and all that I am is a collection of cells, that will one day cease breathing and become worm food. Make that, gourmet worm food as I am quite sexy. (<- priorly mentioned vanity kicking in.) Do you think I want to believe all my worth is, is equal to an ants? That one day, I won't ever be reunited with all my lost friends and loved ones? I wrote a poem in high school that received very poor marks because my teacher was an adamant Christian...


You believe a divine hand helped shape the universe: a concept which completely escapes me,

Personally to me God doesn't exist, but I believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.
God to you is a worldly savior, the creator and essence of life and your sole reason for being,
God to me is an invention of man; immortalized by centuries of our deepest insecurities.
I believe religion is used to promote humanitarianism and to encourage temporal harmony,
But more importantly God's embraced and preached about so we don't all sovereign anarchy.
How crazy would the world be if Jesus was divulged as non-existent?
And how ironic is it that all religions follow the exact 10 (or more) commandments?
You believe when we die physically; we're re-united with all our departed loved ones spiritually,
"Spiritually" doesn't make sense to me however, I mean what exactly are "we"?
Arguably many believe "we" are our souls, and our souls control every emotion and bodily function,
Is it coincidence then when we're brain damaged our bodies slip into an internal state of dysfunction?
Why do you continue to pray to a God who has never once answered your prayers?
How can you believe every 'miracle' God performs is real when he's never visibly there?
How can you blindly confide your faith into a presence you've never (or will never) see?
Which leads me back to my assumptions about post-mortem insecurities..
So what happens when we die? I believe that's it, nothing spiritual like an afterlife exists;
If plants simply decompose and rot upon death, why can't humans?


It's just something to think about.

Back to the sermon though!

As I previously mentioned I hadn't been to church in well over a decade. I remember in my youth going to church and being absolutely terrified in both skipping Sunday School and betraying the will of God in general. It was instilled in me, along with many other beliefs that you are and were infallible. When I went back to watch my mom perform the sermon.. everything had changed. I saw everyone in a new light. It wasn't a good light. It sounded as if everyone had been brainwashed. They praised the lord that someone had been successfully operated on yet turned right around and cursed Satan when another member of the church had been diagnosed with cancer. It was probably the same pair of medical hands who performed on both! Everyone seemed so... lifeless. So.. dull. So..... committed that If I had told them God made the dinosaurs extinct because he wanted more grade A+ meat to eat in heaven as their was a shortage that month, everyone there would have probably believed me. It was very sad. Their belief in you was so strong that they would reject their own rationality and thoughts about alternative theories, thoughts and views. They didn't think for themselves anymore.

God, have you ever heard of Scientology?

Yeah, trust me. I'm not very fond of Tom Cruise either. I think he's a moron truth be told. No other "church" extracts more money from its members than scientologists do! Is it wrong for a organized religion to brainwash their loyal followers into supplying them with income? If so, could you please take some time out of your schedule and explain box number three I stumbled upon in one of my old Sunday School booklets:

...

Because sometimes I don't know how to separate church from cult!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

David.

Comments