#56 [random] "People who annoy you"

Random thought:

(Talking about the Body Worlds exhibit I went to ALONE since all my friends suck and refused to go with me cause they thought it was disgusting.)

Emelie says (10:53 AM):
Whats that?
SEX SELLS unless you're Jon Lovitz. says (10:56 AM):
a collection or preserved dead bodies, and body organs that show thing like smoking effects etc. everyone there donated their body once they died. and i admit it's probably my fault no one wants to go, i could have picked other interests like movies or art instead of.. dead people.
Emelie says (10:59 AM):
omfg
Emelie says (10:59 AM):
why would u wanna go there?
SEX SELLS unless you're Jon Lovitz. says (11:00 AM):
i'm more or less studying this (general sciences/medicine) in university, i'm guessing that plays a small role
Emelie says (11:04 AM):
whats the bif role then?
SEX SELLS unless you're Jon Lovitz. says (11:05 AM):
uhhh
SEX SELLS unless you're Jon Lovitz. says (11:05 AM):
the bacteria ?
Emelie says (11:07 AM):
big*
Emelie says (11:08 AM):
why you want to go there I mean, is there a big interest of dead bodies?
SEX SELLS unless you're Jon Lovitz. says (11:08 AM):
oh, thought you meant BIFidobacterium and was like um....

but no not really, none of that stuff bothers me. i think it'd be pretty interesting to see though just because the people (are/were) real.
Emelie says (11:15 AM):
wtf is that ?
SEX SELLS unless you're Jon Lovitz. says (11:16 AM):
.. a class of bacteria that rests in the colon, which is why i was really, really, really confused.

-

I've always been a Simpsons junkie. Yeah, yeah, you all knew that already. I mention it far too often but I don't think anyone realizes the extent. A good example is some of the more sly jokes inserted by the writers. I think everyone can remember the episode with Lisa's birthday where a very ironically black Micheal Jackson then- was portrayed by an even more ironic white guy? He sung that "Happy Birthday Lisa" song and in the second time in Simpsons history was credited under a pseudonym (meaning he didn't use his real name upon the credits) but instead a John Jay Smith. Dustin Hoffman was the only other guest star to appear on The Simpsons under a pseudonym (Sam Etic) while playing the role of beloved teacher Mr. Bergstrom who befriended all the kids.



How's that relate to anything? Well, there's an episode dated after both those initially aired where the Itchy & Scratchy movie comes to town. Bart is supposed to watch over Maggie and Maggie somehow steals the car and crashes into Springfield Penitentiary. He ends up being grounded by Homer and isn't allowed to go to the movie; Lisa still goes however. When she comes back home they exchange dialogue like..

Bart: So how was it?
Lisa: Oh, you know, it wasn't that great...
Bart: Don't lie.
Lisa: BART IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE OF MY LIFE!!
Lisa: And you wouldn't believe the cameos - Dustin Hoffman, Micheal Jackson -- of course they didn't use their real names but you could tell it was them..

I'm not very proud of falling into the perhaps 0.22% of people who watch the show who got that joke.. but ah, one of my friends sent me a few Southpark clips once I came home from hockey yesterday and I wish I gave it more of a shot. I've never really watched it before. I don't watch much TV to begin with - just Scrubs and Simpsons, but...



Why have I neglected this show?!

Comments

Anonymous said…
HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE WATCHED EVERY EPISODE EVER CREATED?
dave said…
I DON'T KNOW. i remember giving it a shot when it first aired and it seemed pretty stupid to me, but it seems it's one of those shows the older it gets the better it gets. any new(er) episodes i randomly catch seem to be very, very funny.
Ah bee said…
OOOW.. I went to Body Worlds last week and I thought it was really interesting. I don't understand why people are so afraid. It didn't really seem like real bodies except for one guy, where you could see the tattoo on his arm.