#33 [random] *Gay people suck.

Random thought:

* ... not to be taken literally this time.

-

It's true, I hate them and they're starting to piss me off.

Well actually that was way too strong and bold for an introduction.

I don't mind homosexuals at all. I certainly don't hate them. I don't have anything against the lifestyle, and in reality support most gay rights such as marriage and, to a lesser extent, adoption. I used to think that a child raised in an environment by two same sex partners would grow up warped, but love and marriage are only outdated definitions. I truly believe it doesn't matter if you have heterosexual parents or two mothers. As long as the love is there I'm sure the child will turn out okay. I'm personally just a fan myself of the natural procreation which has given life to humans the last... billion years or so. Minor details though, minor details.

I read recently about "theGAYERgamer" having his name banned off XBOX live by Microsoft due to the fact it was in "violation of implied "sexual innuendo". As much as I support gay rights I'm getting extremely tired with all these "I'm gay and proud!" activists shouting as loud as they can they're gay and forcing it down the throats of straight people to accept it (oh, no sexual innuendo intended there either XBOX). Hey, yeah, you're gay, that's fantastic. I get it. We all get it. Theoretically I could care less if you're doing an old man every weekend, or breaking into poorly guarded zoos and giving the entire monkey exhibit reach-arounds. YOUR PERSONAL LIFE IS YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, and I just don't care about what you do in your spare time.

I've never been big on XBOX..

I have started playing Diablo 2 (not so successfully) with some friends again, though.

This is how it always ends.

We're on USWEST and I named myself a very annoying to add to friend lists, SUPPPPPPPPERMAN. Let's see, right now on battle.net west, some user names are:

Anoc
Mbz-Katrina
Assasion (which is a crappy play on Asian and assassin by the way, pal.)
htjaht
Valerie
sedus
Reichert
Sacred_Amazon
love_duel
PoNeBizKit
YouAreRlyRude
SmiteQQ
faithdestroyer
J_erry
dakewlrune
LR
missmangalang

Light_Pancake
crazyburn
benlery
NarsIsHammered
prezenable
buboo
luna_man
mybootsareokay
(It says boots! Not boobs!)
yamaka
FoxTheWolf
Enonch
Hammermade

UnholyVengance
Couldy-Day
so-high

You get the idea, right?

For the most part no sexually suggestive names.

I can say in all the online names I've ever created for myself I've never created user names which implied anything about my heterosexuality or turn-ons in the bedroom. Everyone I know in life or have met through the internet, that applies to them also. I can safely say during the random time I've spent on battle.net conversations about preference of sexuality have amounted to whoppin' 0. I've also talked to users named "ILIKETESTICALSANDI'MAMAN" (or similarly themed) also 0 times. Those rainy summer days way back in the 1990s when you'd played NHL '94 with some of your friends at home -- I've never piped up and asked anyone if they secretly liked Chad from school instead of Danica, and I can't ever recall ever bringing up preference of sexuality, ever, in anything I've ever randomly played. Or any guys I've ever talked to anywhere.

But, I decided to enter a game and inquire about everyone's sexual orientation to see how they responded. Maybe I'm wrong? you know. Maybe I am being a bigot?

Maybe it's just me who doesn't want to know these things?

I still swear I'm not!

I'm pretty sure that example just spoke for itself.

IF EVERYONE DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW KEEP IT OFFLINE. GOD.

I didn't think I'd ever say this in my lifetime,
ever, but bravo Microsoft!

Comments

K said…
Hmm, I think Microsoft made a poor choice here. I'm a female gamer, and I'm proud of it. The majority of my handles in games are GIRLONTHEWING, mainly because the stigma of a girl gamer is either she is fat/ugly or she is only playing to impress boys (and thus she sucks). I don't fit into either category.

I'm a cute girl and I'm pretty damn good at what I do. So when I am tearing shit up in Battlegrounds I like to shatter any preconceived notions and let all those boys know they just had their asses handed to them by a girl.

Perhaps this is a stretch but I can see this being the reason for gay users to announce it in their handles as well. Who wants to admit to getting served by a femme gay boy?
dave said…
I think there's a small difference between drawing attention to your gender and your chosen sexuality, though. Everyone if they talk to you face to face or over a headset can tell you're a girl. Everyone if they look at you can tell you're a girl, no one unless you tell them could ever know you're gay. I guess that's one of the things that's still considered taboo in our culture. It's not like this is the 1950's anymore where gender is an anomaly (for the most part in social situations/work places/etc). I have a hard time imagining anyone could or would find the fact you're a girl who enjoys games predominately populated by men literally threatening?

Maybe guys that don't really go out and forfeit dating to live and breathe the stuff they play online, but have you ever actually been told by a guy online they were offended specifically 'cause you're a girl and kicked their ass at something?
Anonymous said…
First of all i like how you say: "I truly believe it doesn't matter if you have heterosexual parents or two mothers." not two dads ;D

in my eyes its worse to get beaten buy a gay guy than a girl...

+

Ive never been beaten by either, since im so awesome at everything i do. (game wise)
dave said…
haha well yeah, I think I've done a pretty good job compromising my sexuality enough in the last few entries leading up to before this one. I'll stick with lesbian examples from here on out.