#16 [random] You can see my whaaat..?

Random thought:

Photobucket

-

I never realized until today how intrusive web traffic statistics are. I had thought about putting a counter on this page at the start just to see how many people are visiting on average each day, but most of the counters contained advertisements to unrelated websites, and I opted not to put one on anyway. I really hate all forms of advertising.

I hated remaining curious more, though. I put it in a place no one would probably notice it, way at the bottom of the page and the statistics include everything you can possibly imagine. I seem to be quite popular in Hong Kong for some reason. (??!).

So, gooooooooood morninggggg Vietnam!

Oh you better believe I deserve to be slapped for that one.

Twice actually since that reference didn't make as much sense as I thought it would.

Other recent people who have read this are from Australia, England, America, Mexico and Portugal.
The two most popular countries reading this page are Canada (obviously) and Sweden (??!). And again, for some reason Hong Kong loves me. The last person who opened this site was someone from Germany. He or she read the Oregon Trail entry.

P.S - This entry won't really be funny, I just found it kind of cool.

So, so far:

You can see various statistics such as IP address, city and country of origin, who clicks on what and where they enter/exit this page from (referrals), browser statistics, color configuration, time viewed, a lot. Apparently 73.97% of everyone who visits this page uses Microsoft Internet Explorer. 24.66% of you (aka the smart ones) use Firefox. I actually write entries on this page specifically using Firefox. If any of the pictures are oddly spaced it's due to Internet Explorer. As I'm already shamelessly advertising here despite saying I never would so I may as well pitch Firefox as well: www.mozilla.com

The other 1.37% of the visitors on this page (actually, so far just 1 guy) uses the browser Opera. 98.63% of everyone who loads this page uses 32 bit colors. The other 1.37% of you uses 16 (again just that 1 guy).

Apparently the one Opera user has a piece of shit computer.

Exactly 3% of everyone who visits this site uses Windows Vista. 97% of everyone else uses Windows XP. No one uses Windows 98 or earlier versions such as Windows 95. 82.19% use a resolution of 1280 x 1024. 9.59% use 800 x 600. 4.11% use 1440 x 900. 2.74% use 1680 x 1050, and 1.37% use 1024 x 768.

73.97% of you use version 1.3 of JavaScript. 24.66% of you use version 1.7 and again 1.37% use version 1.5. I don't know anything about what each version means. 100% of everyone has Java enabled.
100% of everyone also has cookies enabled.

(I'm surprised the Opera user can do that.)

I am passed around on MySpace 6.9% of the time, otherwise everyone who opens this site either opens it directly or randomly finds it through the blogger homepage. On average everyone who visits reads 5.47 pages, except for a certain someone in a
Göteborg, Sweden. When he or she opened this page for the first time, they read almost all the articles. Thank you Sweden for giving me your full attention. To the rest of you, fuck you. You probably haven't even read down this far before exiting out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So thats what that little G thing is at the bottom, now my curiousity has its answer..lol..
Anonymous said…
I told you i'd make you famous in sweden ;)
Anonymous said…
creepy