#3 [random] Hey! The first few entries have received a warm reception.

Random thought:

Why did they keep a lifeguard at the top of that 80 foot water slide, anyway?


-

Which was slightly unexpected, but you know what that means?

Thank you all everyone you're all very special to me.
It's time to shove some political incorrectness down everyone's throats since I am loved.

SMOKING IS DISGUSTING.

FUCK YOU SMOKERS. YOU'RE THE CANCER OF SOCIETY (ha, ha ha. Oh that lame pun was totally intentional).

FUCK YOUR CHILDREN. AND FUCK YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN.


FUCK YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.


Well, not really. I don't hate smokers so much as I just hate the whole smell of smoke. It's disgusting. I don't really consider myself moral or pure by any stretch of the imagination (proof: see shameful cancer joke two sentences above) and even though our good ol' friend peer pressure successfully made me try many things growing up - I always boycotted smoking. (proof: see shameful cancer joke two sentences above). I've never tried smoking once. Never. And never will!

A few days ago at work though I was asked by one of the girls if I could buy her a pack. My shift had just ended and I was going to walk to the Shell station anyway just to buy a Coke on my way home. So, I said "yeah, sure". I see the Shell girl often enough she at least recognizes who I am and randomly walking home I sometimes buy a Coke. That's all I ever buy there. It was like:

Girl: Anything else?
Dave: Yeah. A lighter please.
Dave: And a pack of [something I forget], regular red.
Girl: You... smoke? (like 9 other people were starring at me as she inquired.)
Dave: Oh. no. [awkward laugh]
Dave: There for a girl I know.
Everyone: .......
Dave: A GIRL WHOM IS OF LEGAL AGE!
Everyone: .........
Dave: She's just at work and can't leave right now, so she asked me to pick them up for her while I came here to buy Coke.
[Why didn't I just say "a Coke" or "a bottle of Coke" is beyond me.]
Everyone: ..................
Dave: I'll just stop talking now.

I swear to God everyone standing around me was glaring at me like I just drowned a sack of orphaned puppies who had just been adopted by orphaned babies or something. It made me wonder why people smoke, though. Everyone I know and have talked to about smoking all say they want to quit and even make attempts to, but they never actually succeed. I know it's an addiction, but I felt honestly dirty buying them a few days ago with everyone staring at me like that. (BECAUSE I WAS BUYING THE ACTUAL SMOKES THAT IS. NOT BECAUSE I MANAGED TO INSINUATE THROUGH MY EVERYDAY MANNERISMS I WAS THERE TO PURCHASE COCAINE AND SMOKES FOR AN UNDERAGE GIRL). Everyone knows it's a waste of money, too.

Yet everyone still does it.

Addictions are scary. Strike-out font is not.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is brightens up my day :D
dave said…
I'm glad you find entertainment at the cost of my dignity! :D