#82 [random] I think I felt what Hell is like today.

Random thought:

Canada won a gold medal in rowing! Suck on that Ethiopia.

(Ethiopia somehow has/had more medals than us this Olympics..)

-

It was hot out today, very hot, like, very, very very very very hot. I never normally complain about the heat as I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to the hot weather we seldom get here. It doesn't matter what I do outside for how long I don't sweat like a pig like most people do.. but today, ooh boy. I was sweating like a pig. I think it hit +35 Celsius and "felt like" +38 Celsius (100.4 Fahrenheit!) It was so hot I bought a bottle of water walking home from university and in the time that I took out the bottle from the cooler from the store (where it was ice cold) and bought it, to the time I finished drinking it walking home, the water inside had actually turned lukewarm.

I probably drank it in.. 10-15 minutes?

I went to meet a "career counselor" they pretty much roped me into seeing when I went to register for classes about a week ago. I was tempted to change my major so they sent me off to one where I took some aptitude test and it came up saying ... (not that I'd change my major on the whimsical results of a single piece of paper) teacher! Oh dear. Last time I took one of these was my entry year, it came up saying I was suited to get into something medical. General practitioner, surgeon, radiologist, radiologist technician, respiratory therapist etc. At the very bottom of that test muddled in the rest of the career suggestions was SUPERVISOR OF CIGAR PRODUCTION. I'll admit I was tempted -- but..! I refrained from joining the cigar trait. As I've complained the last couple days I can't imagine how boring a job would be manufacturing cigars. Or, not even MANUFACTURING since I'd apparently just supervise the production of. They'd probably have a daily quota of 50000 cigars and the machines that manufacture them.. make one like, every 19 minutes. I'm surprised cigar
supervisor didn't come up again.

Probably was at the cut off..

In a rare move I took the bus instead of my car there today and decided to walk back. Edmonton apparently has a shocking amount of light post vandals, who offer some pretty lame messages on everything they tag with their rebellious graffiti.

I just kept noticing them as I kept walking home.

Quite possibly the most moral immoral I've ever seen.

You're damn right crime doesn't pay. Why would anyone even write that on a light post? That's like the most moral immoral message of teenage rebellion I've ever seen, kind of similar to spray painting out something like "THE WAR IN IRAQ IS WRONG, INHUMANE AND UNJUSTIFIED AND NEEDS TO STOP TODAY but I completely respect hard headed republican views on the war and those who support president Bush because I think every single human on this world has a right to their own opinions! :)"

??!

gwehehehe.

Alright, so. I'm sure some of the more avid readers have noticed by now with all the past references I make to them in some entries I was a pretty huge Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan growing up as a kid. I had posters, bed sheets, shirts, pogs (oh God) video games, lunch boxes, pretty much everything that could be made into purchasable merchandise, I had. I'm totally all for the preservation of KRANG and his legacy by tagging senseless vandalism on public property but.. why KRANG? Why not one of the cooler Ninja Turtle characters? KRANG was just weird at best most of the times.



Reminds me of those old (call ###-#### for a good time!) messages on ghetto bathrooms.

I .. just don't know about this one.

..... but I want in this posse.

I also took these two also while walking across the high level bridge.

It's probably the only time Edmonton has ever looked nice photogenically.

If you still swam in the river you'd probably die though.Picture + Train.


.. yup.

^ This was a crappy finish I'm aware.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I used to watch TMNT when i was younger but i dont remember seeing krang :S. + we watched it in swedish since it was illegal in norway or something after some kids killed another kid thinking they were TMNT.
dave said…
oh man, that's awesome. Why on earth would anyone kill each other pretending? What happened and what did they censor?

England and Australia I think censored it also, but for some reason just the title since "Ninja Turtles"? was offensive(?) somehow so they instead called them 'Hero Turtles'.