#64 [random] "CAN YOU DO IT?!"

Random thought:

You have excellent posture for someone who doesn't have a backbone.

-

I don't even know what sample this song is from - but nonetheless I'm too lazy to scroll up 3 inches and change what I decided would be a related title for this entry.

I'm sure everyone in Canada although it's been a couple months is still recovering from the heartbreak that was losing our "second nation anthem" - the original hockey theme song broadcast every Saturday night since I think 1958. I know these are just hollow words to everyone who lives outside of Canada reading this so I'll try to put it in perspective of just how awful it truly was. Canada losing that, would be similar if the Queen of England fell and became paralyzed neck down. It almost felt to us as if World War 3 had already uncoiled, escalated and finished with a record amount of casualties. It'd be as bad as George Bush being assissinat... wait, that's a bad last example.

(@THE ONE CIA OPERATIVE I KNOW WITH MY LUCK WILL READ THIS BECAUSE I WROTE THAT NO. THAT ISN'T A DEATH THREAT TOWARDS THE PRESIDENT AND NO I DON'T HAVE PLANS TO CONQUER AMERICA.)

Point is guys: it hurt us emotionally. It scarred us emotionally. I finally decided to check out that website for the contest CBC is holding to replace the new anthem. They plan to give the winner $100000 CDN ($98386.53 USD, £4) for their winning entry.

By far the greatest entry I stumbled upon was one from a
Mr. Logan Aube:










You sir are an absolute hero to our heritage and hopefully will be the resurrection of our hockey anthem for years to come. I hope my future kids one day can hear your work.

All the sounds, especially the outro is just too hard (but excellent!) to capture into words.. though it does make me hope and wish Canada is in charge of voting the new anthem and actually votes his entry as the new Hockey Night in Canada theme song. CBC would then have to pay him $100000 for the contest and it'll serve as an eternal reminder of how stupid they were in the first place to ever let the original go.

[Goat baby goat baby goat baby goat. GUNSHOTS. Air horn.]

This guys a modern age Beethoven.

Comments

Anonymous said…
how about you linky the original one and we'll be the judge if you're a sissy or not
dave said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ta5MWh_bUI

!