#54 [random] Help me out here England.

Random thought:

Oh man.

Someone found my blog today by searching into Google:

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SCALPMED

I don't think he'll be too happy since the boring post it landed him on was mocking the idiots that used that to grow back hair and instead damaged their eye sight.

-

I don't like soccer (that being football in England). I never have. I never will. I've TRIED to at least give soccer a shot in becoming a regular in my
répertoire of sports, lord how I've TRIED. When the world series captivated the planet about a year ago some friends and I went to the bar to checkout some of the games in progress. I figured since it was the world series the intensity would be through the roof and these men would protect the ball as if it was their first born child on the field. I expected really gritty, really foul, physical, bloody play and when we sat down and watched it -- it was anything but. The players kicked the ball alllll the way up field.. ran for about nineteen minutes at a snails pace then kicked it back alllllll the way down field, running for another seventeen minutes. Still, each year and in general soccer steals the rational (or maybe not so rational) minds of England. Ever hear that old crappy saying/quote:

"I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out"?


I can understand simply from that phrase why hockey isn't popular over there or for that matter to anyone outside of Canada. I can understand why hockey is so opposed by women when all people focus on is the fighting. Casual onlookers aren't aware of the deep history that stems through the players and franchises and only focus on the :22 seconds of the game two players are locking horns with each other. They can't see it's imbued in our blood from birth and part of our everyday heritage growing up.

I can understand why basketball doesn't have a following over there - the almost segregation between the black (muslim) and white communities, right? Ok maybe it doesn't have to due with high racial tension, but! Basketball is simply boring to watch.

I can understand why over commercialized football and baseball aren't popular there either. I've played baseball for 16 years recreationally and still play it for fun with friends and hell even I can personally admit watching baseball is painfully boring. The commentators with their dry wit and monotone voices kill it. And football is also another one of those boring-to-watch-but-actually-fun to play sports.

What I can't understand is what is popular sports-wise in England.

I give you "Cheese Rolling" and "Shin Kicking" - two alleged sports there.





WHY ENGLAND WHY?! WHY THIS OVER HOCKEY???!

Don't get me started on cricket..

And know what? I'm just going to call strike #3 on my heterosexuality already.

I bought a bottle of Bailey's on my way home today:

It tastes so good though.

I love stuff like Bailey's, Smirinov, Mikes Hard Lemonade ..

Even my taste in alcohol is feminine.

Comments

Ah bee said…
hahha... shin kicking?
you have to be kidding me
Anonymous said…
you do know 'soccer' is the biggest sporpt in the world and is only known as 'soccer' by north american rtards? well you do now
dave said…
whether it's named soccer, football, even if all the players were replaced with ninjas and instructed to kill whoever last touched the ball until the field was a bloody mess and no one was left it'd still be boring to watch danne. :[

and shin kicking.. guess so. sorta reminded me of that joke off family guy when the irish scientists invented alcohol and their futuristic society crumbled. pretty sure if the english had the same experience their sport interests would be replaced with these two.
Anonymous said…
Actually cheese rolling is from the dark ages. when a so called lord would round up some poor folks and say that the first person down would get the cheese.

it is pretty fun to watch now. but think about it when 20 hungry people are fighting for their lives down that hill.. the english were cruel.































or i just made that last bit up.. english are stupid beings..