#50 [random] I'm like King Midas.

Random thought:

England contains some of my most loyal readers, apparently. The average bounce rate (leaving forever after reading one page) is only 3.38%. Specifically readers from London (7:27), Iver (13:45), Batley (8:17), Grays (5:15), Pudsey (14:49) and.. Sheffield (6:02) I'm able to hold the attention of more often than not. Thank you England! :D

Except for someone from Windsor (00:06). He or she's the only person who out of so far 27 different England cities didn't return or spend a lot of time reading.

You suck Windsor.

-

Hey, #50, that's a pretty big milestone. I'd like to thank you creativity for taking me this far, without you I would be a very boring person. I'd also like to thank my sense of humor who has always been reliable. Actually, I think I'll just thank every part of myself. Everything about me is the best. Thank you David. I am amazingly and thoroughly awesome. Thank you thank you thank you thank you [me]!

Anyway you know who I'm talking about right, King Midas?

At least I think it was King Midas who turned everything he touched into solid gold. I'm pretty sure I have the midas touch with a slight twist - and that's maybe everyones reiterations about how I'm the spawn of Satan rings truer than intended since it seems to be a rather deadly touch as of lately. I decided to buy a few plants a few months ago for no other reason than apparently I've succumbed to impulse buying like millions of other consumers have while at Wal-Mart. Why can't they ever keep shotguns by the checkout? Why is it always damn things like ferns and cotton balls. I have like 44 bags of cotton balls now I've inadvertantly purchased everytime I've shopped there. gahh.

I've never had or grown plants before this either so it's another mystery as to why I even wanted one. I probably won't ever have plants again due to the sheer fact with all my green thumb experience below my belt my first plant I had survived about a whole two days. It was still during the winter and I ended up freezing it to death (?) by leaving my window open in my room while I was out for like 16-17 hours 2-3 days at a time. See, in Canada our winters are anywhere between -20C to -40C (or lower) and even though it's bone chilling cold I didn't even think it was possible for plants to die that fast.

I was very very wrong.

So. I gave it another go since I have this stupid perfectionist cocky attitude about me (
thank you again David! I am amazingly awesome and great). I hate failing at anything and in the rare case I ever am bad at something, I do it again and again and again and again and again until I'm above average and satisfied with myself. A good example is a few days ago one of my friends brought over this foot stool he probably stole:

This is going to be my new sofa.

Apparently it's mine now.. probably because it is stolen.

I stood on top of it though and stretched my arms up to the ceiling while everyone was eating and getting ready to head back out for Canada Day. Somehow that reminded me of stupid childhood nostalgia where I used to stand on a similar ghetto one my mom had (perhaps even the same ugly as hell one) and balance myself by tilting it slightly in the air. I tried it again and the stool became really unbalanced and I sort of stepped off it half falling off. So I tried it again, and again and again. Jaws 3 was on when we came home to which one of my friends remarked "This movie is stupid". It was like:

Matt: eww, Jaws is on.
Matt: This movie is stupid.
Dave: No, my perfectionist attitude towards everything is stupid.
Dave: DOES ANYONE REALIZE WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO HERE?!
Dave: If, more so WHEN I become good at balancing myself midair how is this ever going to come in useful?!


I'm now a master at foot stool balancing again however. I could kick any and all your asses at it. Ohh yeah. I can't really say the same for my botanical ways however.

At least, I think this other plant is dying.

I like how it literally looks burned.

It doesn't matter how much I LOVE THEM or water them or care for them, they die.

.. I just hope raising kids is easier.

Comments