#29 [random] To infinity and beyond!

Random thought:

I think Toy Story is supposed to come out with yet another sequel.

At least it beats the Mrs. Doubtfire 2 sequel that was planned for 2007.

-

So, what's this picture look like to you?

I'm a rocket man, baby'

If you thought something along the lines of a photoshopped picture most likely inspired by the new movie
Rocket Man being released which was originally taken on top of a parking lot car by some overweight 400 lb guy, and then eerily photoshopped himself as a literal ROCKET MAN in that beyond creepy Tokyo cosplay way:

DR. WILLY! YOU'RE MINE!

Good job! you were absolutely right.

If you thought anything else: you were totally wrong.

Even though it looks fake, it's actually a picture of Yves Rossy (I swear on Dick Pole that's a real name). He was the world's first person to both invent and fly with a rocket powered jet pack on his back - bringing us closer to the dream of flight, and to a lesser degree knowing human nature the probable extinction of birds (If you were flying right beside a goose, don't lie, you'd smack it). Although he technically doesn't hold this second record officially - I'm pretty sure he also owns the biggest testicles in the world. I actually decided to make this testicular mass chart to demonstrate just how big they are.

(Boy, I never thought I'd have to say that one again.)

I myself fall somewhere between the orange and boulders.

Yeah, sorry the chart itself is a bit thin on historical examples; admittedly I've never studied about many pioneers of aviation history outside of the Wright brothers. To test his contraption, he didn't pre-test it before flying around. He decided he'd jump 7500 feet out of an airplane and just hope it worked as good as the plans looked on paper.

Again refer to the chart above and just try and tell me I'm wrong. Just try.

All and all though, it was very cool.

In the era of Paris Hilton dolling out new reality series titled "BFF" (Best Friend Forever, don't ask me how I'm aware of that preteen acronym) and Survivor being renewed for something like its 29th straight season - it's definitely one of the cooler (and intelligent, productive, interesting) things humanity has accomplished.



I think if these flying contraptions became publicly available, I could die very happy.

On a slightly unrelated note: I removed that word verification from mine after commenting on a few other peoples blogs to realize how annoying those things can be. I've never had to erase comments for being junk spam before, so I assume it'll be okay. JUST DON'T TRY AND PEDDLE BANK INSURANCE HERE NOW OKAY?!

Comments