#23 [random] Cocaine is God's way of telling you, you're making too much money.

Random thought:

The
Home Made Simple Squad needs to be shot already.

-

I worked a whole 4 hours tonight at my new job to which I then ceremoniously announced to everyone there I quit. Actually I didn't
ceremoniously do anything, I just told the owner I didn't want to come to work tomorrow. I should have stole the coffee maker or something. My last two jobs I've worked at were for 3 years and 2 years respectively. I've never been one to quit or hop between jobs and figured I could tough this one out despite it probably being where HIV originated, but uhh, nope.

I feel like a bit of a prick I must admit.

I got the (horrible) job on the spot a few days ago, and he honestly threw out about a stack of 200 resumes in front of me after I walked in because he had hoped I'd come in. You see, before I quit my last job a few weeks ago I had told a lot of the people I hit it off with customer-wise I was about to give my two weeks notice, Many which turned out to be employers themselves, which in turn offered me jobs at their various companies and businesses. This guy that offered me this job, owned a hotel, which sounded okay to me for summer work & tips. One of my friends works at Best Western and they started her at $15 an hour this week. I figured it'd just be the ol' meet and greet, book guests somewhere vacant, light paperwork then crunch some numbers and we'd call it a day.

Holy God, it was probably the most repugnant place I've ever been in my entire life. It's a shame also, because the dude that hired me actually owns two hotels. The one they temporarily trained me at is this beautiful, recently renovated exquisite hotel (mini-fridges in all the rooms, microwaves, kitchenettes, flat screen TVs/computers, wireless internet and the like) where the customer base is busy enough it keeps you on your toes your entire shift. The clientele was exceptionally nice also as I met a few people there while I trained. One had stayed in the hotel for 15 years! It kind of makes me wonder if he's saved more than buying a house would have cost especially with the inflation in Edmonton, but anyway.

The clientele at the other hotel, yuck. The first guy who approached me tonight was probably a living breathing replica of a woolly mammoth with his shirt off (and he wasn't wearing a shirt) should they have somehow eluded extinction. He just walked around with his flabby gut bursting out of a dress shirt that had one button done up on it. I never understood why people that weight think they're model material. IF 80% OF YOU CAN'T FIT INTO THAT TANK TOP/SHIRT FUCKING GIVE UP ALREADY. There was about six or seven people staying at the shotty run-down hotel tonight, if we added up all them we MIGHT have gotten a full mouth of teeth if we were really lucky.

Most of them were missing like 60% of theirs. =|

There was this 1974 station wagon parked outside the front office. It probably cost more than all the furniture parked inside.

There was swastikas carved into a lot of the actual furniture in the bedrooms.

Not to mention how it was SO slow. Even though there was about 7 guests by the time I left tonight at 3 a.m., I had only booked three, one which approached me and inquired later in the evening if I knew anyone who could sell them drugs. We watched BBC, and it looped about forty times between Shakira doing a free concert in Latin America to help eliminate poverty to the recent almost catastrophic-level earthquake in China. We eventually flipped it to a movie, and I was surprised they could afford cable.

And the fact I almost stepped on a damn mouse on the way out was enough.

I really should have stole that coffee maker.

Actually disregard that, that's probably where the mouse lived.

Hey, remember this picture from a few entries ago?

Photobucket

Yeah, well apparently I was wrong, it's not her tits America fell in love with. Turns out, Lindsay Lohan actually used to be a talented actress before she decided to sniff seven million dollars in coke up her nose every-other-day. I think the movie was called "Freaky Friday" we watched. It was about this overworked mother and her punk daughter who, with the help of magical Chinese fortune cookies (yeah, I know) had them switch bodies for a day to force each other to better learn about their differences, and eventually adapt them to the similarities in their lives. As much as I want to curl up in a ball and bitch about how much this movie sucked, I can't. I mean, it wasn't award-worthy but it wasn't terrible either. At the very least, even though I don't want to admit it, Lohan is quite a decent actor. She had all the expressions and vocals and everything down perfectly playing the role of her mom. I was honestly surprised on how genuine she was with all of her emotions. If you've seen that movie recently "The Bucket List" (IF NOT GO NOW) it was almost the same - just a very believable performance by all.

Perhaps it's just my testosterone giving in tonight though to what I should have hated no matter how beautiful or semi-interesting it was, as when I came home from "work" I cleaned a little downstairs and found a box of old stuff of mine.

Inside was:

Photobucket

Oh man, this is the most unmanly night I've had in a while.

I promise I'll never knock anyone's taste in music ever again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
its ok.. everyone wanted to tap that ass back in the day..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=40BGjcmf2lc
dave said…
I always figured it was more so because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4kQBDoy70

We all loved her.