#19 [random] Blood.. b-blood. We need more blood.

Random thought:

What exactly does cum laude mean anyway?

I've always been too afraid to ask anyone.

And searching it into Google brings up results like:

Photobucket

Sorry there Partrich family, I'm sure you're a nice group and all.

Ya'll just make me even more afraid of knowing the truth.

-

I get it, you're anxious, restless, and to maybe a lesser metaphorical extent literally crave the need for fresh blood! I've been pretty busy the last week or so, and I haven't really been able to update this. I had rode the good ol' unemployment pony long enough so I applied for and secured a new job, starting working out with some friends, playing basketball/baseball with Dan quite regularly, and sent off for my passport - pretty much every unpleasant minor task I've been putting off for the last year I've completed this week, but I know you don't want to hear about the person that is you know, me.

SO BACK TO YOU BLOODSUCKERS. (Danne in particular).

Photobucket

Alright, so I know what you're thinking already:

"What the hell Dave?"

And let me just point out just how IMPOSSIBLY HARD it is to find a green Frankenstein picture where he's in mid-motion on the internet. I think we're all universally familiar as to how Frankenstein looks. When we pull out that canvas that is our at times skeptical nostalgic memory, I think everyone can agree we see him as some tall, green baritone man who despite being composed by various body parts scavenged from poorly guarded graveyards, and stitched together using a single sewing needle and thread; and despite one of the most vital organs (his HEAD) being attached by two screws that have literally been glued onto the side of his neck, and any other possible physical ambiguities aside: Frankenstein is supposed to look like he's almost sleepwalking with his arms stretched out. That's the stereotypical image of him printed into all of our memories and yet under Google images everything from Nike Shoes to decapitated men come up. The green guy up top is the closest thing I could find. Unfortunately I also stumbled upon this looking in Google images:

Photobucket
"Kid Frankenstein"

HAHA. Ah, I'd hate to be the model for that one, and crap, I just realized this whole blood sucking analogy makes no sense at all. Dracula sucked blood, not my main man Frankenstein (and his apparent illegitimate children featured above). Oh well. Pretend it makes sense, I'm too lazy to go back and edit the title and everything else.

Photobucket

(Damn you Dracula!)

How many times in my life am I to be foiled by you? *shakes fist*

I'm also suffering a SUPERFICIAL SUPER AFRO problem at the moment.

My barber who was supposed to cut my hair yesterday for the first time since I've been alive (I've gone to her my whole life, not very cool huh?) scheduled me for 4:00 p.m. but ended up being a no show and canceled. I don't know what happened other than she called and apologized about forty three times. She swapped me over to 5:00 PM today and I didn't pick up gel yesterday or today so now my hair looks like.. this! (!!!!)

Photobucket

(I don't know why I'm wearing a dress shirt today. I don't know why I'm wearing a dress shirt at all. I bet it makes my afro look sexier though eh?)

And give credit to those emo MySpace kids.

Taking angled pictures like that of yourself is hard.

Hm, dress shirt reminds me of that Mother's Day is coming up. Last year I bought my mom a card and wrote inside it:

"This is the least emotional one I could find. Happy Mother's Day!"

I think it had that Thomas the Train Engine character slapped across the front. I love her and all, but I've just never been one to show it through the frilliest cards invented specifically for tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to top that this year.

I shouldn't have raised the bars so high last year. Damn.

Cool Mother's Day fact:

If I shaved off about 19% of my afro now I'd have a hairstyle exactly like my moms.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You look....emo...

that sentence should really make you want to kill yourself..
dave said…
It does! I get it cut FINALLY today though so we'll be back in commission. She canceled the 4 PM one yesterday also for some reason.