#20 [random] Hey guys! My new name is Richard.

Random thought:

Random thoughts are sometimes hard to think up.

-

Apparently, it is. My cell phone has been ringing off the hook in the last couple days, but every time I answer it it isn't anyone I know! It's instead a random 60 year old who's trying to talk to me about rain gutters and raking leaves. I finally asked one of them, a fantastic elderly man named "Alex" who seems like the piss n' vinegar types who'd duel you for his morning coffee if he had to just because he's retired now and can - WHERE he got my number. He pointed in the senior papers direction.

Photobucket

Yeppp, seems someone by mistake published an ad with my cell phone number in there.

That's just great.

I guess it could have been worse, however. I wouldn't have wanted my cell phone slapped under the one right across from it:

"Widow, 72, seeking fun loving, caring, good natured, sincere, honest, easy to talk to gentleman, 68-74, a good sense of humor, likes travel, camping, walking, clean and neat, N/S. Box 2222".

It's awkward enough having strangers call you up asking you to clean their rain gutters.

I suppose the 72 year old would get about the same kind of calls.

Ha!

(Yeah, yeah, I know. THAT WAS SO LOW DAVE.)

I just hope they serve beer in Hell.

Comments

Anonymous said…
unfortunately i just got your number.
dave said…
You and 52% of our city.
Anonymous said…
but i'm worse :D
dave said…
Clearly you've never spoken to a 66 year old elderly man for 18 grueling minutes about how you don't actually want to circuit his house for $92.